Sun Valley Animal Center
106 South Clear Creek, Industrial Park Road
Ketchum, Idaho 83340
Total Ankle Replacement (TAR)
Sun Valley Animal Center offers cementless TATE Total Ankle Replacement for the treatment of severe end-stage osteoarthritis (OA) of the talocrual joint. Randy Acker, DVM and BioMedtrix engineer, Greg Van Der Meulen, designed this new system.
Dr. Randy Acker’s team has successfully used the new ankle prosthesis in several clinical cases with promising long term outcomes. The concepts for the TATE Total Ankle designed are based on the ankle anatomy and were developed with a minimally invasive surgical approach in mind. Similar to the TATE Elbow Prosthesis, the TATE Ankle uses a resurfacing technique rather than a stemmed designed. Curtail innovations include a medial approach through a small incision, preservation of the collateral ligaments, removal of only articular surfaces without disarticulation, cementless implant insertion as a preassembled cartridge.
Patients who may benefit from this new prosthesis typically will be dogs suffering from chronic incapacitating lameness secondary to severe OA of the talocrural joint nonresponsive to conservative or medical management. This prosthesis offers an attractive functional alternative to pantarsal arthrodesis currently recommended for the treatment of intractable talocrural OA. Early clinical results suggest that the TATE Total Ankle Replacement offers reduced operating time, increased post-opterative function, and more efficient patient recovery. Cementless prostheses also have many potential advantages including reduced risk of infection and reduced rate of implant wear, both of which are regarded as the leading causes of postoperative morbidity an implant failure in total joint replacements.
Please call Sun Valley Animal Center at 208-726-7777 for more information and to schedule a Total Ankle Replacement. Our Total Ankle Replacement quoted price is inclusive with no extra fees attached.
- Major Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- Cashiers Check
- Care Credit: We no longer offer in house financing options, so please make sure to bring a form of payment with you. Please check out CareCredit.
Care Credit: http://www.carecredit.com
- Pet insurance is becoming more widespread. There are several insurance companies that offer pet insurance, and chances are your current insurance carrier may have a plan. We recommend shopping around for plan that fits your needs and your budget.
- Nationwide Pet Insurance Comparison: https://www.petinsurance.com
- How Pet Insurance works: Unlike human health insurance, pet insurance requires you to pay for all veterinary services upfront. Your Pet Insurance carrier will reimburse you once you fill out their forms and send in the required documents. Check with your carrier to see what you need to submit for a claim. Some carriers require a doctors’ signature on a form or the invoice. If your carrier requires this to be done, please download, print, and bring the insurance form to your appointment. Sun Valley Animal Center does not fill out pet insurance forms. We do not submit pet insurance forms for you. If you decide to purchase pet insurance, you will be required to fill out forms and send them to your insurance company.
Pet Friendly Lodging in Ketchum & Sun Valley, Idaho:
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
Limelight Hotel Ketchum – Sun Valley
Plan your trip to Ketchum & Sun Valley, Idaho:
Things to do in Ketchum – Sun Valley